Thursday, July 16, 2009

Connecting with Team Productivity Center

Well, it's been quite a couple of weeks. TPC was featured in the developer tools section of the Fusion Middleware 11g launch and got some good press coverage (for instance eWeek) and the bloggers were our in force. You can watch the launch and see Duncan Mills use TPC in his demo. He has also recorded an Oracle Videocast and Podcast introducing TPC.

My aim is to get as many users to download and use it as possible (actually, that is every Product Manager's aim for their product!) That is going well, but I could do with your help to get the news out there. The ALM repositories we integrate with currently are all leaders in their field. The JIRA integration is a great productivity booster and the more I work with JIRA the more I realise how flexible it is. Microsoft Project Server is widely used in enterprise organisations and Rally Software is a world leader in agile development.

We are working on additional connectors (more news on that when I can divulge more) but there is always room for more. I'd love to hear from you on what ALM repositories you would like to see TPC integrate with. I'd love to hear from you if you have an internal system you would like to write a connector to integrate it with TPC. In fact, I'd love to hear from you in any capacity concerning TPC - and that, of course, includes those of you who have reported bugs too ;-)

John Stegeman, an Oracle Ace Director, is interested in creating a connector to TRAC. He announced this with a JDeveloper forum post saying, " I've been thinking about writing a connector for an issue management system that I use (of course, there had to be a selfish reason), TRAC. I think an ideal way to do this would be with a small team of developers working together on the new sample code site hosted by Oracle (http://www.samplecode.oracle.com). "

I think this is a great idea. It would be about a month of effort and you would get the opportunity not only to get to know our connector framework but to work as part of a small team and gain experience to perhaps go on to creating a connector for something within your own organisation. You can contact John through the forum post. I would highly recommend it (well, I would, wouldn't I?)

So, download, use, report, connect, and code - yep, that about covers it!

4 comments:

Torsten Kleiber said...

We use here mantis bug tracker - do you plan to integrate this too?

Unknown said...

Susan and Team,

Great work on the integration interface and the launch. Your model does a great job managing the separation of concerns between the team development process and the project/program environment. Simple to integrate and should be easy to maintain for customers.

We look forward toward more joint customer success.

Ryan
CTO - Rallydev.com

BradW said...

Hi Susan. We are using HP Quality Center. I'd really be keen on seeing this in place.

Thanks,

BradW

Susan said...

HP Quality Center is among the top few on my list ;-)